Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Hier unsere mods
Cl11234566 Offline

27.11.2019 08:45
what direction were going Antworten

MELBOURNE, Australia - The Asian Cup kicks off Friday deep in Australias sporting heartland, where the Socceroos will attempt to win the continental championship for the first time.It would have been inconceivable a decade ago. Geographically, of course, Australia is a separate continent. In football terms, though, Australia became part of the Asian Football Confederation in 2006, leaving Oceania in pursuit of tougher competition between World Cups.The Australians open against Kuwait in Melbourne, the first of 32 matches in the 16-team tournament. Defending champion Japan waits until Monday to take on a Palestinian team that qualified through a second-tier tournament, while other leading contenders Iran and South Korea are in action of a hectic opening weekend.Its the biggest football tournament ever staged in Australia, generating interest across the vast and densely populated Asian continent that extends from the Far East all the way west to Saudi Arabia.Yet the Australian team faces competition for the hearts and minds of the public not just from the foreign teams featuring big-name stars such as Japanese pair Keisuke Honda and Shinji Kagawa.Its still cricket season Down Under, with a test match between Australia and India ongoing in Sydney, and the international tennis season is just underway with tournaments on opposite sides of the country in Brisbane and Perth. The Australian Open, the first Grand Slam event of season, starts Jan. 19 at Melbourne Park, a short walk from where some of the Asian Cup matches are being staged.In a nation where football has always resided in the shadows of other sports, the staging of the Asian Cup could be a seminal moment for the sport in Australia.Tim Cahill, the most recognizable footballer from Australia and a star at the World Cup in Brazil, said the Asian Cup will affect football in Australia in a way that can never be affected in any sport ... this is our chance, this can be it.Ange Postecoglou was appointed late in 2013 with a mandate to harness and enhance Australias attacking style, yet the team has slipped in the rankings under his watch despite winning wide accolades for the system the Socceroos deployed in narrow group stage losses to Chile and Netherlands at the World Cup.The World Cup on the whole was a downer for Asian teams, with only Iran earning a point — and that resulting almost entirely on its strong defence.Japan, aiming to the first five-time winner of the Asian Cup, is the favourite again —four years after beating Australia in the final at Qatar 2011.But the Blue Samurai squad is in a transition period, and coach Javier Aguirre is one of dozens of people under investigation by Spanish authorities amid fixing allegations in a league club game in 2011. Aguirre denies the allegations, and has vowed that the investigation wont be a distraction for him or his team.Japan and Milan forward Honda doesnt like the favouritism tag.That doesnt make sense because we are expecting some very difficult games at the Asian Cup, Honda said Thursday. Our opponents, all teams, are strong. Many teams want to beat us. Security (complacency) is the great enemy.Japanese goalkeeper Eiji Kawasima is expecting a lot from the players in front of him.Our minimum aim is to win the Asian Cup, we have to get victory, he said. We have to forget about the 2011 victory if we want to overcome the challenge of winning here.All 16 teams will have played their first matches by Monday. On Saturday, Uzbekistan takes on North Korea in Sydney, South Korea plays Oman in Canberra and Saudi Arabia faces China in Brisbane.On Sunday, the United Arab Emirates take on Qatar in Newcastle and Iran plays Bahrain in Melbourne. Jordan plays Iraq at Brisbane on Monday after Japan plays the Palestinians in Newcastle, completing the first set of matches.On Thursday, the Socceroos went through a mostly closed final training session for the match against an underdog Kuwaiti side ranked 15th among Asian nations. Although it won the Asian Cup in 1980, Kuwait finished 14th in 2011.Postecoglou was aware that Kuwait, like many Asian teams, will adopt a defensive mindset. But he doesnt plan to have the Australians take the same approach.It will be a step in the right direction in terms of results, but no, I wont be happy if we win ugly, and the players know that, Postecoglou said. Its not just about playing exciting, attacking football, its about playing winning football. Nike NCAA Jerseys 2020 .Boston beat the Nashville Predators 5-3 on Tuesday night and celebrated consecutive wins for the first time in more than a month. Adidas NHL Jerseys 2020 .Balotelli uploaded on Instagram a picture of the video-game character Super Mario, with whom the Italy international shares a nickname, with text around the image including jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew. https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/. His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Nike MLB Jerseys .com) - The Grand Slam season will get underway Monday at the Australian Open in Melbourne, where a new champion will be crowned this year. Authentic MLB Jerseys . Sizemore, who turned 29 on Jan. 4, has been limited to six games over the past two seasons because of an injured left knee that twice required surgery. He originally got hurt on Feb. 25, 2012, during a fielding drill in Oaklands first full-squad spring training workout and had surgery that March 21 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. MIAMI -- Offensive lineman Jonathan Martin wants to return to the NFL, he said in an interview aired Wednesday where he claimed that racial, aggressive and sexually charged comments all played a role in his departure from the Miami Dolphins. Martin also said he was not the only victim of hazing in the Dolphins locker room. "There are other people that got it too," Martin said. "I cant say why I may have gotten more." Martin told his side of the story to former NFL coach Tony Dungy, now an analyst for NBC, which aired portions of the interview Tuesday and Wednesday. Dungy is part of a committee assigned by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross to review the teams code of conduct, and said on NBCs "Today" show that he has spoken with three general managers who believe Martin will have the chance to play again. "They all said hes a good player. Hell get an opportunity," Dungy said. "But theyre all afraid of the scrutiny that comes with it. Hes got to get to the right environment, not a place like the Miami locker room was." Among the allegations Martin made in his interview with Dungy: -- That teammates directed comments of racial and aggressive nature toward him, as well as sex-related comments about his mother and sister. -- That he talked to members of the teams coaching staff about the situation, but stopped short of meeting with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin. "Members of the organization knew I was struggling," Martin said. -- That he tried to be friends with fellow offensive lineman Richie Incognito, who was suspended for the final eight games for his role in the matter. -- That he contacted friends on other NFL teams, and that they agreed the level of hazing he alleged to have taken place with the Dolphins exceeded whats typical in a locker-room culture. "I have no problem with the normall hazing that you see in the NFL, get a haircut, stuff like that, little pranks," Martin said.dddddddddddd. "But of a personal, attacking nature, I dont think theres any place for that." The scandal overshadowed much of the Dolphins season. Martin left the Dolphins in October amid allegations he was harassed by teammates, including Incognito. Martin told Dungy that he "felt trapped, like I didnt have a way to make it right," and said he left the team out of concerns for his health and well-being. New York attorney Ted Wells began an investigation ordered by the NFL in November, and his report will be released after the Super Bowl. Ross said he has an idea of what will be in the report, though has not revealed any specifics. "When it comes out, well do what has to be done," Ross said Tuesday, when the team introduced Dennis Hickey as its new general manager. "In my mind, I know what direction were going. ... The respect that we gained by how we handled the situation that took place here says a lot about this organization and the people that are running it." Hickey replaced Jeff Ireland, whom the team parted with following an 8-8 season. Incognito will be a free agent this off-season, and Martin is not expected to return to the Dolphins. "I understand opportunities in the NFL are fleeting," Martin said. "Im hopeful that I get another opportunity and Im going to make the most of it because this is what I love to do. I dont know what I would do if I wasnt playing football." Dungy said he reviewed text messages and voice mails that Martin received. "It was a tough, tough situation. ... I couldnt picture anything like this going on in the locker rooms that I was involved in," Dungy said. NBC Sports Network plans to air more of Dungys interview with Martin on Wednesday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz